If you are looking for ways to make your meetings more productive, you need to get those creative juices flowing. One of the most important tactics that you can use is called brainstorming. This is where everyone gets together, shout out ideas, and then go up on the board. People are not supposed to worry about these ideas’ practicality.; the goal is to get some ideas on the board. Then, they can be refined later.
Group Brainstorming Activities
Brainstorming is an activity that groups can use to share ideas and get involved in the creative process quickly. When individuals just together, they bring with them their experiences and viewpoints. Then, these are thrown together to encourage everyone to come up with something greater.
While there are numerous brainstorming examples, these sessions are most effective when one idea leads to the inspiration that triggers another idea. In this manner, brainstorming techniques can trigger numerous brainstorming topic ideas that will lead to something productive. This includes brainstorming ideas for writing. When it comes to effective brainstorming techniques, there are a few key points to keep in mind.
Creative Thinking Activities for Employees
While there are numerous examples of brainstorming activities, the goal is to get creative. When group brainstorming activities are creative, they are more likely to lead to fantastic ideas. In general, team leaders should always take stock of the various personalities present in the room. This can guide them in coming up with group creativity exercises that can lead to fun brainstorming activities. There are a few fun brainstorming activities that all teams should put to use. These include:
- The Sticky-Note Map. A sticky-note map is a tool where individuals will jot down quick thoughts that are only one or two words. They are then either attached to a blank space on the map or linked to another idea. This idea is often used silently and can help spark ideas that might come from others.
- Wear Another Person’s Shoes. In this technique, the goal is to think about how someone else would solve a problem. This is great for helping people place themselves in the mind of another person, allowing them to see what the issue is like from someone else’s perspective.
- Write with the Off-Hand. This is another technique that is often used to switch up the viewpoint. The goal is to use the non-dominant hand to use a different part of the brain to spark a bit of creativity. Plus, it is fun to see what the handwriting might look like!
These are just a few of the top ways that team leaders can use brainstorming to develop creative ideas. It is also important to note that no matter what creative activities are put to use, it is important for all participants to abide by a few basic ground rules to encourage a safe and healthy exchange of ideas.
Even though these ground rules will differ from team to team, everyone should make sure that their ideas are respected. Nobody should ever interrupt somebody else, and all ideas should feel welcome. In general, the more that others are involved in a more than notes are shared, the more effective the brainstorming activity is going to be.
Brainstorming Examples in Business
When it comes to brainstorming ideas in the business world, this is a common situation in which creativity will be required. When it comes to discussing the next business strategy, this could necessitate a new brainstorming session. Some of the top examples of brainstorming in the business world include:
- Develop the Next Content Campaign. When coming up with a new content campaign, it can help have a brainstorming session that will encourage creative content.
- Dream Big for the Next Product. When coming up with a new line of products and services, it helps dream big and find new opportunities to attack a new niche market.
- Customer Feedback. Coming up with ways to generate customer feedback is one of the most important brainstorming tools. When customers feel like a part of the business, they will remain loyal to the company.
- Swag Items. Many businesses go to tradeshows where there exists a quiet contest to see which vendor has the best swag items to give away.
These are just a few of the top ways that businesses can use brainstorming to find success. When people in the business world get creative, new ideas will flow that could present new opportunities. In this manner, brainstorming can also help businesses increase their efficiency and maintain an edge on the competition by finding new target markets that could help them grow their customer base and find success.