In order to prevent customer churn, it is critical to make sure they are continuously satisfied. That is where a customer success team or a customer success manager plays an important role. At the same time, the transition from the sales team to the customer success team can be a bit rough. How can companies make sure that all of their clients enjoy a smooth process? Many organizations utilize a short introduction call or sales handoff meeting template. A few key steps will ensure this process proceeds in a streamlined fashion, making sure the needs of the client are addressed.
Sales To Service Handoff Process
The sales-to-service handoff process is essential. Once the customer has signed the contract, the relationship between the client and the vendor does not end. It is just getting started. While the customer is going to be eager to jump in and start using the product or take advantage of the service, even the slightest blips in this experience can impact customer satisfaction, this relationship’s viability. It can be tempting to focus on customer acquisition costs, but customer retention is every bit as important. This is where customer success handoff is key.
Companies can take a lot of steps to make sure the implementation of the customer success handoff agenda smoothly; however, the most essential part of this process is communication. There are three different parties involved in this handoff. The first is the customer, the second is the sales team, and the third is the customer success team. Everyone has to have the same information. If something is lost in translation, then the needs of the customer might end up being overlooked. This can lead to an unhappy customer and a truncated relationship, which will cost the company money.
In order to prevent this from happening, the company needs to implement a sales handoff document. This document will contain all of the necessary information that companies need to make sure the customer success team meets the needs of its customers after the handoff is completed. Companies also need to make sure that all of the necessary information is included in this document. This is where a template can be helpful.
Sales Handoff Template
To ensure the customer success team has all of the information, a sales handoff meeting template is often used. While some organizations might want to use a sales to customer success handoff email template, having a brief meeting is far more effective. Furthermore, this helps the company build a personalized relationship with the customer, adding to the longevity of the relationship. When this meeting takes place, it is important to follow a sales-to-customer success handoff playbook. This starts with developing a sales-to-customer success handoff template. This meeting should last for anywhere between 15 and 20 minutes. Some of the items that might be included on this customer handoff meeting agenda include:
- Introductions between the customer and the success team should last around ten minutes. Everyone should take their time, and the group should try to get to know the customer as well as possible. Do not rush introductions. Make this process personalized to the needs of the customer.
- Then, go through the process overview for about ten minutes. The sales to service handoff process should result in the customer success manager taking the lead. He or she has to explain the onboarding process clearly. While the process might differ depending on the product or service, it should be simple for the customer and play his or her needs first.
- Finally, schedule the customer’s onboarding session. This should only take a few minutes. Remember that the customer will want to get started as quickly as possible. Trying to schedule this onboarding in person will ensure that the sales to operation handoff is smooth by avoiding the awkward email back and forth that might occur if the scheduling process is delayed.
This sales to customer success handoff template will streamline the handoff process.
Tips for Smooth Customer Handoffs
Following this sales-to-service handoff template will ensure that the handoff goes as smoothly as possible. There are a few other tips that companies can follow to make this process easier for the customer. These include:
- Build rapport with the customer by scheduling the onboarding process immediately. This will reduce the customer’s wait time to see a return on his or her investment.
- Always ask the customer questions. While it isn’t necessary to repeat the sales discovery call, it is good to see if the customer’s needs have changed. If their goals have changed, then try to adjust the product or service to meet those needs.
- Write everything down. The documentation process should include questions, answers, resources, problems, hurdles, and more. Remember what the customer likes and what the customer doesn’t like. These internal notes will ensure that everyone is on the same page, making sure the customer’s needs are always met.
These tips can improve the relationship between the company and the customer, fostering a sense of loyalty.