Manage Your Calendar More Effectively with Docket
Docket is a meeting-focused workspace for collaborative agenda creation, decision documentation, and action item tracking.
Rid your calendar of bad meetings. Start today.
View your daily and weekly meeting schedule within Docket, and have your meeting digest sent to your inbox every morning. See which meetings don’t have an agenda and request one from the meeting owner or quickly create one yourself from our template library.
Create meetings in Docket and immediately collaborate on agenda items and discussion topics with your team or clients. Add your video conferencing solution of choice and share the agenda to set expectations and bring everyone up to speed ahead of time.
Search your meeting history to view recurring meetings and build on previous progress to move conversations forward. Carry your agenda, notes, and attachments from one meeting to the next for effective follow-up.
Docket Makes Your Calendar More Productive
71% of professionals lose time every week due to unnecessary or meandering meetings.
45% of employees feel overwhelmed by the number of meetings they attend.
62% of employees believe meetings miss the opportunity to bring people closer.
“Docket has quickly become essential to doing our best work at Studio Science. Meetings are critically important to the services we provide clients, and having a platform dedicated to making meetings more effective, collaborative, and structured is game changing.”
Steve Pruden, CEO at Studio Science
There’s no denying that we humans are busy, busy creatures. We’re busy doing things we “think” we should do, and we’re busy doing things that actually need to be done. When the University of Scranton studied whether people were able to achieve their New Year’s resolutions, they found that 92 percent of people fell short. Even when we know it’s silly, there’s a sense of failure attached to missing a goal.
The university’s study, of course, is about more than simply keeping a resolution. We all want to feel as though we can make a plan and stick with it, that we are able to make the most of the time given us here on Earth.
In another study, researchers Edwin Locke and Gary Latham found that the most successful people in the world follow two principles:
- They set specific goals
- They make sure those goals are challenging
As counterintuitive as it may seem, the more specific and challenging a person’s goals, the greater their motivation was toward meeting those goals.
For those of us who lament the fact that we don’t always reach our goals, there may be a number of reasons. Perhaps we magnify our fears more than we do our abilities, or maybe we don’t set proper deadlines. And let’s face it, many simply have a challenge with time management.
While taking advantage of tools like Docket’s agenda and meeting features can’t guarantee that we accomplish everything we set out to accomplish, it can make it more likely that we do so by helping us make the most of a day full of meetings.
Calendar Features Can Help Make a Day of Meetings Successful
Being busy and being successful are two different things, despite what we’ve been raised to believe. Ted Bauer, writing for Medium posits that busy people are perceived as high status, and that those of us hoping for success believe that we need to be busy in order to achieve it.
The reality is that success is achievable by working smarter. In fact, we are far less likely to burn ourselves out when we work smart. One way to work smart is to use the tools at our disposal, devices designed to help us make the most of what we’re doing.
Rather than feeling buzzed by all the busy-ness in our lives, we can focus on the task directly in front of us. In A Life of Productivity, writer Chris Bailey says that doing one thing at a time helps us pay greater attention to our work, remember more, and accomplish more.
The Best Calendar Apps and Key Features to Help You Prepare for Meetings
Each of us seems to have a different favorite calendar download. Apple users are often infatuated with the Apple Calendar while others can’t imagine life without their Windows Calendar download.
And really, calendar apps come in all shapes and sizes, each with something to offer. Just a quick look at the common apps illustrates how useful they can be.
Just a few examples:
- Google Calendar app for Windows (and, of course, Google Calendar app for Mac) work seamlessly with other Google apps, like Hangouts and Gmail.
- Say you get an email reminding you of an upcoming flight. Google Calendar Sync scans that information and automatically adds it to your calendar download.
- It’s no surprise that Zapier says seamless syncing is a must when it comes to Google apps for Mac Desktop.
- Tech geeks tend to enjoy the smallest things when it comes to calendars. They brag about how easy it is to install the Outlook Calendar Widget Windows 10 (and the weather feature that shows up right in your calendar).
- Both the Apple Calendar app and Windows Calendar download are generally praised for their ease-of-installation. While the Apple Calendar app is most familiar to millions of iPhone owners, Apple Calendar on PC is equally intuitive to use.
- Others say a calendar app download 2018 helps us incorporate all areas of our lives, saving time and energy.
So, what is it that experts look for in a great calendar?
- It needs to sync with our other calendars and tools like Docket, allowing us to simplify our lives.
- It should look great, because we’re going to be spending a lot of time with it.
- It needs to be easy to use because none of us have time to waste figuring out what we’re doing.
Every calendar has good traits.
Meeting Transparency: Share Your Calendar and Meeting Information
According to Entrepreneur, transparency should be a top priority for businesses. It makes sense. Being transparent as a business reveals that a company has nothing to hide and helps consumers (and employees) make better decisions. Consumers want to do business with companies they trust and to feel as though they are being treated fairly.
An employee who knows what’s going on with his company may feel more confident in this age of job insecurity. There are few things worse than counting on our employers for a job, only to worry about behind-the-scenes conversations. For most employees, it’s better to know that rough times are ahead than to be shocked by them. That’s why something like a shared calendar app iPhone or the ability to add shared Google Calendar to Mac calendar can help empower the people who feel better when they’re in the know.
Although the best free shared calendar app may simply seem like a convenience, it can actually be used as a form of communication, a way to let others know what’s going on. Using your shared calendar app with a tool like Docket, you can share meeting notes with those who were not in the meeting. Unless the meeting in question covered classified information, it’s fair to assume that others will want to know how it went. It’s so easy to execute this method of information-sharing. It can even be accomplished through a shared calendar app for iPhone and Android, places where people normally check to learn what’s going on in their world.
The desire for transparency also applies to our home lives. We shop around for the best family calendar app or the best shared calendar app for couples. We download a free shared calendar app so we can let our loved ones know where we’re going. In short, we try to find ways to work together, even when we’re not together.
Just like the best shared calendar app for business will keep everyone at work on the same page, a shared calendar app family can help our families feel more connected and secure.
Free Calendar and Meeting Options That Don’t Break the Bank
There’s no reason to be alarmed if this newfound ability to stay connected sounds very expensive. One of the things about Docket is its free calendar app integration. What that means for you as a business is that you have new and free options, designed to help your employees stay in touch. Docket, which syncs up easily with Google or Microsoft calendars is a game changer.
Once a business commits itself to syncing up its employee’s calendars, its IT department will begin to search for the best free calendar app for Windows 10 Desktop or best free calendar app for Mac. The truth is, they can stop searching.
Just as you once looked for the best free calendar app for iPhone 2018, calendar app for Android free download, or best free calendar app for Android, you know that you are looking for a calendar that can do specific things. You also know that you want it to be easy enough to use that you don’t need a master’s in engineering to open it.
Using Mobile Options to Manage Your Meeting Schedule
Combining the best calendar app for Android 2018 with the best planner app Android (or if you’re an Apple devotee, the Apple iPhone calendar and planner) can help you manage your schedule. But imagine being able to sync your calendar and planner up with a tool that organizes your events and helps you and other employees and be able to prepare for meetings and share information with the push of a button.
The features that mattered to us when the best calendar app for iPhone and Android were the only option available were ease-of-use, dependability, and attractiveness. We didn’t always get what we wanted, but we did try. Today, we can have everything we want in a calendar app, without the need to compromise.
Remember when the best calendar app for iPhone and the best calendar app for Android were practically interchangeable? One year we download the best calendar app for iPhone 2018 and the next we’re right back at it, downloading the best calendar app for iPhone 2019. Each version showed us what we liked and did not like about those apps. Each iteration of calendar apps released through the years taught us what the “perfect” app would look like. Going back to how busy people are today, the ability to check our schedules on the fly is a benefit that cannot be overstated.
Additional Calendar Features That Help You be More Productive With Your Meeting Schedule
The best features of other calendars through the years have made their way into this app. Here are six that are especially helpful:
- Just as you were able to sync iCal to Google Calendar, you can sync Docket to your Google or Microsoft Calendar, giving you everything need right at the tip of your fingers, even when you’re out and about.
- That Apple Calendar print feature that was so great for people who preferred to see their plans on written paper? With Docket, you simply input your meeting agenda and share with other meeting guests so they can print out the agenda if they desire.
- While Apple calendar holidays and calendar app for Android with holidays is great for people who may need reminders about upcoming events, Docket can take a Google or Microsoft calendar with holidays and can help bridge communication gaps by enabling everyone to be on the same page with meetings, tasks, and deadlines when big events roll around.
- If you ever needed to sync Google Calendar with Mac Calendar, these two features are built from very different platforms. But thanks to technology, everything can be brought together with a few simple clicks. Docket has the same ability to simply sync up with your calendar so you can manage your meeting schedule and preparation.
- Unlike the complexity of making your Google Calendar subscribe to iCal, you will find subscribing to Docket intuitive and easy.
- If you ever had to learn how to make Google Calendar default on Mac, you will find that modern technology now allows you to work on two platforms simultaneously, a fact that makes using Docket so much fun.